Actually I never really thought to admire someone, until this blog makes me think about it, but if there was someone Aleen Isobel Cust would be, because she was Britain and Ireland first woman vet.Aleen Isobel Cust (1868–1937) was the first female veterinary surgeon to practice in the British Isles. She completed her veterinary studies at the Veterinary College in Edinburgh in 1897 but, was denied permission to sit the final examination. Though denied a licence by her college she practiced in Athleague with local vet William Byrne. The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons in London did not recognize her right to practice in her own right in the Britain until 1922. This followed the enactment of the Sex Disqualification Act. She died in Jamaica on 29 January 1937
I really like this woman, because she was the first, who don’t care what other people would said about her, and go for the things she want on life, even when her college denied her licence, she still go on and keep learning, her passion for the vet was so much, she was able to change law!!
I think it’s a great example to follow in life.
I think it’s a great example to follow in life.

hardened a real woman! and think that in the year she died our faculty have not rested
ResponderEliminarctually I never really thought to admire someone, until this blog makes me think about it, but if there was someone Aleen Isobel Cust would be, because she was WF Britain and WF Ireland first woman vet.
ResponderEliminarAleen Isobel Cust (1868–1937) was the first female veterinary surgeon to practice in the British Isles. She completed her veterinary studies at the Veterinary College in Edinburgh in 1897 but, was denied permission to sit the final examination. Though denied a licence by her college she practiced in Athleague with local vet William Byrne. The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons in London did not recognize her right to practice in her own right in the Britain until 1922. This followed the enactment of the Sex Disqualification Act. She died in Jamaica on 29 January 1937
I really like this woman, because she was the first, who SVA don’t care what other people would said about her, and go for the things she SVA want on life, even when her college denied her licence, she still go on and keep learning, her passion for the vet was so much, she was able to change law!!
I think it’s a great example to follow in life.
Marlene,
i didn't know about her... very interesting thanks!
miss